Product Description"Evidence and Paul's Journeys" is a fascinating historical investigation into the travels of the Apostle Paul. Here is what two noted scholars have written about it:
"It is very encouraging to see that the most recent research...has been so carefully gathered together and presented in such a readable form. Jefferson White is to be commended for rendering such a service and his book deserves a wide audience."
- Dr. Bruce Winter Warden of Tyndale House, Cambridge University
"When I received Evidence and Paul's Journeys in the mail, I planned on skimming it for a minute or two and putting it on the shelf. That was a big mistake. Once I began, I could not put it down. The book encouraged my soul, not only about the historical facticity of the book of Acts, but also in making the events vivid and real. An open minded skeptic would benefit from this book and a convinced believer will enjoy the reality it breathes into the Acts narrative."
- J. P. Moreland, Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University
The historical evidence that the book investigates includes:
- the city, regional, and provincial political boundaries and titles mentioned in the book of Acts, some of which existed only in the middle of the first century.
- the social and political characteristics unique to the cities and provinces that Paul visited.
- the archeological findings that bear on the biblical narrative.
- the distances that Paul traveled on land and on sea, and how long it took to cover those distances, according to the scriptures and to ancient and modern testimony.
- the meteorological and nautical evidence relevant to Paul's travels by sea, including the spectacular confirmation of the details surrounding his shipwreck at Malta.
- Paul's arrests and trials, and the legal maneuverings that took place in quite different jurisdictions, studied in the light of evidence about ancient law.
- Paul's dealings with noted individuals who are also written about in pagan and Jewish historical accounts.
- a comprehensive examination of the complex evidential relation between Paul's letters and the book of Acts.
For the first time, all the historical details of Paul's journeys are found in a single book written for the general reader.
- English, Published English, Unknown
- 50 hundredths-inches
- 890 hundredths-inches
- 65 Hundredths Pounds
- 600 hundredths-inches