Product DescriptionFormer President Jimmy Carter has won the respect and affection of millions for his long career as a humanitarian, a peacemaker, and a model of faith in action. The Sunday school classes he leads at his hometown church in Plains, Georgia, are legendary. "These weekly sessions . . . are remarkable for the ability of regular folks to walk in, grab a seat, and exchange views with the thirty-ninth president of the United States," says The New York Times. "But they are also remarkable for what Mr. Carter has to say."
For Sources of Strength, President Carter has culled fifty-two of his favorite Bible lessons--one for each week of the year--from the fifteen hundred or so he has taught over the decades. A thoughtful and inspiring book, Sources of Strength captured the heart of the country when it was published in hardcover, and became an immediate national bestseller. Now available in paperback, it can be enjoyed on its own or as the companion volume to Carter's bestselling spiritual autobiography, Living Faith. Jimmy Carter was president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. He is the author of thirteen other books, including Always a Reckoning, The Virtues of Aging, and Living Faith. In 1982 he founded the Carter Center, a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization in Atlanta that addresses national and international issues of public policy. Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, live in Plains, Georgia.
- 9780812932362 0029617014002
- Sources of Strength is Jimmy Carter's invitation to you to share in the spiritual bounty of Scripture and joyous, more fulfilling life that a living faith makes possible
- For Jimmy Carter, as for countless others, Holy Scripture has been a constant companion, a source of inspiration and strength in both good times and bad
- The truths of Scripture have the power to enrich and transform our daily lives in unexpected ways
- "The Bible offers concrete guidance for overcoming our weaknesses and striving toward the transcendent life for which we were created."
- 820 hundredths-inches
- 600 hundredths-inches
- 69 Hundredths Pounds
- 55 hundredths-inches
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown
- 68 hundredths-inches
- 900 hundredths-inches
- 105 Hundredths Pounds
- 600 hundredths-inches
Sources of Strength: Meditations on Scripture for a Living Faith